Sunday, December 29, 2013

The French Christmas


This was a very different Christmas for me. As I am a newly married woman, I got to celebrate my first married Christmas & start holiday traditions with my husband! I am so excited about all of the traditions we started. We put our tree & decorations up right after Halloween, not to bypass Thanksgiving, but just because we love Christmas! We spent Christmas Eve with Joe's family, opening gifts & playing games all night. And Joe and I got each other ornaments that we opened on Christmas Eve to build up our own personal ornament collection (I got the most amazing Jango Fett ornament & Joe got an Arkansas Razorback ornament)! We bought a fake tree this year because that's what was easiest, but I think next year we're going to cut down our own tree and just have two trees! Because you can never have too many.  
Christmas morning we woke up super early & drank hot chocolate, listened to Christmas music, opened gifts & Skyped with my family. My mom, dad, brother & sister live 9 hours away and this was my first Christmas not spent with them so it was nice to get to see them over Skype! We then had our friends, Faith, Aaron & Maddie Marsh over for a Christmas lunch. It was so fun because it was my first Christmas that I got to cook for everyone! I made barbecue chicken topped with cheese, bacon, & chives, mashed potato topped green bean casserole, mac & cheese, rolls, & corn on the cob with mayonnaise, lime juice & creole seasoning. It was delish! The rest of the night, Joe and I spent relaxing (he was sick all of Christmas day but was such a trooper) and we ate cookies, drank milk, and watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. All in all, it was the perfect first married Christmas. 
Oh and did I mention Joe got me a Schwinn bicycle? He wins. He wins best present buyer ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment